Jersey girl turned city girl navigating this crazy, beautiful life. Glass half full outlook. Always looking for the next adventure. Crossing things off my bucket list is my thing.
Words to live by:
Explore. Dream. Discover. - Mark Twain
Well it’s finally here, my 25th birthday. To say I had a good birthday is an understatement. To recap my day and thoughts I’ll just list it for ya’ll below:
1. My promotion was announced the day before (OH YEAH), so naturally I was already on a high when my birthday rolled around. I’ve been waiting since October to announce it and now I can finally shout it from the rooftops!
2. This may sound lame, but this is the first birthday I haven’t woken up at home (post-college). My last 2 birthdays were brought in with a delicious home-cooked breakfast and a large bouquet of flowers, courtesy of my wonderful mother. I definitely missed the tradition this year.
3. Everyone gets texts, calls, Facebook messages, cards, etc. on their birthday but as you get older the volume of people who remember tends to trail off, which is why I appreciate those who remember even more as each year passes. This year I definitely felt the love even more. Maybe it’s because I’m actually happy this year - I have a job I love (one that gave me a promotion when it was due), friends and family that mean the world to me, and absolutely no boy drama. I truly think the latter had been keeping me from being happy and now that I recognize my worth, I would never tolerate any of the BS I endured during my early 20s.
4. Speaking of people who remember to celebrate your birthday, my lovely coworkers surprised me with more than I expected. Every little thing I received totally made my day - cards, cupcakes, cake, and flowers - and below is proof.
5. Last but not least, I’m just grateful for everything that’s happened over the past year. It seems like everything’s changed since my 24th birthday - new job, new home (NYC, baby!) and, best of all, I met a group of awesome people through work. I’m actually celebrating my birthday with 2 of my coworkers, and I couldn’t be happier. Twenty-five seems like it’s going to be a big and eventful year - I can’t wait.
I’m not super religious but I am thankful to God and the below definitely describes my relationship with Catholicism.
More than anything, I’m just thankful on my 25th birthday. I feel loved by those that surround me, proud of myself for accomplishing 2 of my major 2011 goals - moving to NYC and getting into the industry I wanted, and hopeful that this year will bring some phenomenal memories.
Goodbye 24, hello 25. :)
Needless to say I’ve been bad, very bad at this blogging thing but I’m coming back from LA with a refreshed outlook and ready to kick butt.
I’m off to enjoy my last day in LA, then back to cold NYC.
I forgot to write the past 2 days. :( OKAY, I forgot to write on Friday and didn’t feel like it on Saturday.
I’m starting to realize how much of a commitment this “write every day” resolution is going to take. At least it helps me clear my mind at the end of the day. Instead of being the old me and saying “Okay, I’m modifying my resolution,” I’m going to keep trying to write each day but try to catch up to my missed posts so that at the end of 2012 I will have 365. I’ve already experienced days where I wanted to write more so I hope this is a good tactic.